Thankful Like Mayonnaise!
- Last night, after receiving a package of new trains and cars sheets for August’s bed (he’s been sleeping with our grown-up plain tan ones) from my parents, August and I were making his bed. I said, “Let’s spread this out.” He said, “Let’s spread it like mayonnaise!”
- My sweet, dear friends in my Bible study showed up at my house Sunday night with balloons and puffy streamer poofs, a sign that read: “We Heart Baby T-Rexy,” and lots of cheese and dips, and proceeded to shower me with baby gifts. I love those women. And I’m so thankful to have them in my life. Soon, I will go and use the pre-natal massage they gave me and I will list that on the following Thankful Tuesday.
- I’m thankful for a house full of people who come in and out all week long. That’s always what we want our home to be, but it takes a little while get the movement flowing. I feel like we’re finally at that point.
- I’m thankful my 86 year old Meemaw made a denim “play quilt” for August and T-Rexy to use on the floor. I got it in the mail yesterday and felt so blessed.
- I’m thankful my pastor shook my hand at church on Sunday and said, “Are you making it? I read your blog this week.” I told him I was such a complainer and that was the truth. But he really cared, which is a beautiful thing.
- I’m thankful for the quietness of our house without cable TV.
- I’m thankful for my husband, who works harder than any one I know, other than my father, which is saying a lot. I’m grateful he works like he does then immediately goes into play-mode when he gets home. Good dad. Good man.